getting orca and espeakup/speakup to work together

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 21 09:52:06 EST 2018

I don't think PC speakers are rare at all. I am responsible for over 100
desktops and every one of them has a PC speaker. Of course, they are all
Dells. But even the machines I built myself for my own use with Asus
mobos have PC speakers. I find it hard to believe there exist mobos that
don't have a PC speaker connector. The machine might not have anything
connected to it but the connector is there.  It's like with serial
ports. There are plenty of mobos available with serial port header
blocks. You just have to buy a cable to get the DB9 port.  You might
have to buy a PC speaker if you're building your own machine.

It's worth a couple of extra bucks to get a machine with a PC speaker
because then you can configure a grub init tune.