getting orca and espeakup/speakup to work together

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Nov 21 09:16:30 EST 2018

Man, those have become as rare as hen's teeth. And they're not about to
make a resurgence.

Furthermore, they tend to be buried in amongst all kinds of other
hardware. Is that really how you would want to orient your speaking monitor?
Deep in the bowels of some computer case?

I know I want to go exactly the opposite way. I've my audio out running
through a desktop Mackie mixer and usually talking through some quality
desktop speakers. If I need, I can route to some serious JBL IONs. I'm
contemplating adding Google Cast to my options.

Janina