command line email clients and gmail.com

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Jun 13 08:09:14 EDT 2018

Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote:
> dkim, dmark, and spf checks are now quite standard. Some inbound sites
> will bounce mail that doesn't check out with these protocols.

That's an important point. In general, spam filtering (and dealing with
recipients' spam filtering) is what makes running a mail server challenging.

Despite this, I do currently run my own - a Postfix instance on a virtual
machine hosted at linode.com.

This gives the greatest control, privacy and flexibility, but, as noted, it
comes with work attached.

I've recently configured rspamd, a new anti-spam tool that somewhat improves
and simplifies spam filtering. It can also handle signing of outbound messages
with DKIM, but, for the moment, I'm still using OpenDKIM for that purpose.