Speakup While Booting?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Jun 6 18:58:52 EDT 2018

Last week or so, I may have asked here about boot messages while speakup-and-the
DecTalk are coming up. Well in an interactive boot, reading from the journal
log, here are 4lines dealing with Speakup
Jun 06 15:18:23 chime kernel: speakup: module is from the staging directory, the
quality is unknown, you have been warned.
Jun 06 15:18:23 chime kernel: speakup: module verification failed: signature
and/or required key missing - tainting kernel
Jun 06 15:18:23 chime kernel: input: Speakup as /devices/virtual/input/input3
Jun 06 15:18:23 chime kernel: initialized device: /dev/synth, node (MAJOR 10,
MINOR 25)
Jun 06 15:18:23 chime kernel: speakup
Back again live, in earlier mesages there were mentions of a new patch, I have a
Linux expert here now, how do we either update or install the latest patches? In
Justin's log, you mention a kernel4.17  well, I just ran a dist-upgrade here in
Debian Buster Sid, still around 4.16.2. Thanks so much in advance
Chime