[semi-OT] Devuan ASCII 2.0.0 Beta minimal live

KatolaZ katolaz at freaknet.org
Mon Feb 19 15:52:01 EST 2018

Dear Speakup ML,

please accept my apologies for the slight OT. I wanted to let you know
that Devuan has just released the Beta of Devuan ASCII 2.0.0. As you
might know, Devuan is a fork of Debian whose aim is to provide a
Debian without systemd.

Now, the minimal-live flavour of Devuan provides a fully-featured
console-based system, and has traditionally had a specific focus on
accessibility (its first release was named after a blind friend of
some of the Devuan developers, who passed away several years ago).

Some of the members of this ML, such as Gregory Novak, Parham
Doustdar, Jude DaShiell, John G Heim, and Rob among the others, have
provided in the past quite useful feedback, which we have used to
improve Devuan minimal-live and to tailor it around the needs of
visually-impaired and blind users.

If you are interested in giving Devuan ASCII 2.0.0 Beta minimal-live a
try, you find the isos for amd64 and i386 at:

  https://files.devuan.org/devuan_ascii_beta/minimal-live/

(SHA256SUMS and signature available in the same folder). Any feedback
would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry again, and thanks for the great work you do.

Regards

KatolaZ