cannot load speakup_decext module

Rudy Vener salt at panix.com
Sat Feb 17 19:42:33 EST 2018

My synthesizer says Digital DecTalk Express on its case.
It is a flat, rectangular box about eight inches by four inches by
one inch high. It has a cable with a DB-9F connector that       plugs
into an external RS-232 Serial port.
It has a   volume control, a built in speaker,    and a headphone
jack.

I thought this was an external Dectalk Express because it sat
outside the PC  and does not plug into an expansion slot.

I  thought the speakup_dectlk module was for the Dectalk Express
cards that did plug into PC expansion slots.

But now  I am just       confused. It does not take much to confuse me.

If there is someone out there who is using a  Dectalk like the
one I just described   with speakup, please contact
me,  and tell me how you did it.

Thank you.

Rudy