cannot load speakup_decext module

Rudy Vener salt at panix.com
Fri Feb 16 13:05:05 EST 2018

Greg, all,

Whoops. Miscommunication here. My Dectalk Express External is the old model, using
the old RS-232 serial port with the DB-9 pin connector, not the new USB Dectalk.

Does this mean  the speakup_decext module is for the
USB version?

If      so, which module do I need for the old Dectalkkkk external?

Sorry    for all this confusion, but I am new to speakup.

Thanks,
Rudy

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 12:00:02PM -0500, speakup-request at linux-speakup.org wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> I've just been looking into this, since someone else asked me about
> speakup also. You need at least kernel 4.13 to take advantage of the
> new serial synthesizer support, see:
>
> <http://linux-speakup.org/pipermail/speakup/2017-September/061153.html>
>
> Greg
>

> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 03:40:37PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> > Since 4.4.0 is older than 4.14.x, the kernel likely is the culprit.
> >
> > Greg

Rudy Vener
Website: http://www.rudyvener.com