speakup USB support will be in linux 4.13

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Sep 12 13:47:37 EDT 2017

Samuel, All:

As of this morning I'm running a 4.13.1 Linux kernel. But, I can't get
any speech from speakup_ltlk. I wonder what I might be doing wrong?

Or, did I misunderstand and the USB Tripletalk support isn't in this
kernel yet?

Am I using the wrong driver?

To be sure I'm not goofing something up, I login over ssh as root, stop
espeakup, and rmmod speakup_soft and speakup, then mod probe
speakup_ltlk.

But, the result is just silence. So, looking for guidance.

Janina