[OT] Devuan Jessie 1.0.0 is out

KatolaZ katolaz at freaknet.org
Sun May 28 14:16:07 EDT 2017

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 12:09:47PM +0200, Øyvind Lode wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Is the installer accessible as well?
>
> On the official Debian netinst iso one simply press 's' on the boot
> promt to start speech.
> Speakup is also configured to start automatically on the newly installed system.
>
> I don't like systemd, so Devuan is interesting if installer is working
> as on official Debian and that Devuan also contains all packages
> included in Debian main, contrib and non-free.

Hi,

the default Devuan installers are the same as Debian's. The Devuan
live images (both minimal-live, which is the "accessible" console
desktop, and desktop-live, that is the full-featured live desktop) can
be installed usinf a simple script, called refractainstaller.

I know that there are a few glitches concerning accessibility on the
Devuan graphical desktop, but I also know that several blind and
visually impaired users have successfully used and installed the
minimal-live image, which has accessible boot and ships with brltty,
yasr, espeak, and espeakup.

My2Cents

KatolaZ