[patch 0/8] staging: speakup: introduce tty-based comms

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 04:38:47 EDT 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Samuel Thibault
<samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> okash.khawaja at gmail.com, on dim. 12 mars 2017 12:16:44 +0000, wrote:
>> This patchset introduces a TTY-based way for the synths to communicate
>> with devices
>
> Ok, this looks good to me.  Now you need to submit it. The
> ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl script applied to the various patches gives
> the following list of recipients:

Thanks! I'll also cc Alan Cox for the first patch, as you suggested earlier.

> For the tty stuff:
>
> Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org> (supporter:TTY LAYER)
> Jiri Slaby <jslaby at suse.com> (supporter:TTY LAYER)
> linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org (open list)
>
> For the speakup stuff:
>
> William Hubbs <w.d.hubbs at gmail.com> (odd fixer:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
> Chris Brannon <chris at the-brannons.com> (odd fixer:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
> Kirk Reiser <kirk at reisers.ca> (odd fixer:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> (odd fixer:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
> Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org> (supporter:STAGING SUBSYSTEM)
> speakup at linux-speakup.org (open list:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
> devel at driverdev.osuosl.org (open list:STAGING SUBSYSTEM)
>
> That looks reasonable to me, give these as Cc to quilt, and Greg & Jiri
> as To to catch their attention.
>
> About the non-threaded thing, I believe that's because you didn't use
> the --reply-to option.

Yes, I didn't use --reply-to but according to /usr/share/doc/quilt/README.MAIL:

"Each message is assigned a unique Message-Id header, and all messages
other than the introduction are made to refer to the introduction (using
a References header) for proper message threading in mail clients."

> So the idea would be to prepare your quilt
> command, then write your "patch 0/7" mail, and once you have posted it,
> pass the Message-Id to the --reply-to parameter of your quilt command.

For --reply-to we need to pass in the file containing the introduction email?

Thanks,
Okash