[patch 0/8] staging: speakup: introduce tty-based comms

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Mar 12 08:42:10 EDT 2017

Hello,

okash.khawaja at gmail.com, on dim. 12 mars 2017 12:16:44 +0000, wrote:
> This patchset introduces a TTY-based way for the synths to communicate
> with devices

Ok, this looks good to me.  Now you need to submit it. The
./scripts/get_maintainer.pl script applied to the various patches gives
the following list of recipients:

For the tty stuff:

Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org> (supporter:TTY LAYER)
Jiri Slaby <jslaby at suse.com> (supporter:TTY LAYER)
linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org (open list)

For the speakup stuff:

William Hubbs <w.d.hubbs at gmail.com> (odd fixer:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
Chris Brannon <chris at the-brannons.com> (odd fixer:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
Kirk Reiser <kirk at reisers.ca> (odd fixer:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> (odd fixer:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org> (supporter:STAGING SUBSYSTEM)
speakup at linux-speakup.org (open list:STAGING - SPEAKUP CONSOLE SPEECH DRIVER)
devel at driverdev.osuosl.org (open list:STAGING SUBSYSTEM)

That looks reasonable to me, give these as Cc to quilt, and Greg & Jiri
as To to catch their attention.

About the non-threaded thing, I believe that's because you didn't use
the --reply-to option. So the idea would be to prepare your quilt
command, then write your "patch 0/7" mail, and once you have posted it,
pass the Message-Id to the --reply-to parameter of your quilt command.

In your "patch 0/7" mail, mention that this patch series is meant to
open the discussion about the changes proposed in patch 1 and how they
are used in patch 6.

Thanks!
Samuel