Test repo updated

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 05:06:20 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 12:46:09AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Gregory Nowak, on lun. 26 juin 2017 15:35:08 -0700, wrote:
> > Using cat however just sat there with no input coming, which isn't
> > what I expected.
>
> Indeed, that's a bug that should be reported to the USB lp driver
> maintainer.
>
> > Since I wasn't sure if dev=/dev/usb/lp0 would be processed, I created
> > a softlink linking /dev/usb/lp0 to /dev/lp1,
>
> The speakup module does not read /dev, it uses the tty names.
>
> Could you tell us the content of /proc/tty/drivers?
>
> Perhaps it should then be dev=usb/lp0
>
> > I'll try echoing \n and \r\n to the blazer, and will report back if
> > that produces speech. Is there some way to debug the bns driver to see
> > what it is sending, and getting back?
>
> In the case at stake, it's not even the bns driver which is reporting
> the error, but the ttyio code itself. You can try to put printk() calls
> in the ttyio probe function, to check which path it is following.

Yes it's probably from spk_ttyio code failing to find a tty driver for
device whose name starts with "lp". spk_ttyio calls into a function in
tty which scans tty_drivers list for a driver which deals with lp
devices. If no such driver is registered with tty layer - which would be
the case if lp doesn't show as tty device, as Samuel pointed out in
the other email - then ENODEV is returned.

Thanks,
Okash