Test repo updated

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jun 26 19:07:47 EDT 2017

Gregory Nowak, on lun. 26 juin 2017 15:35:08 -0700, wrote:
> [  381.404108] speakup_bns: module is from the staging directory, the
> quality is unknown, you have been warned.
> [  381.405251] synth probe
> [  381.405260] bns: device probe failed
>
> At that point, I noticed that /dev/lp0 was missing. I fixed that by
> modprobe lp, and tried speakup_bns again with the same results as
> before.

Mmm, Okash, did you have the opportunity to test ttyio with lp?
Contrary to what I expected, it seems like it doesn't actually expose a
tty layer, it doesn't seem to show up in /proc/tty/drivers, and stty -a
< /dev/lp0 fails. So I'm afraid perhaps we can't actually use ttyio for
parallel port access, and thus we have to use the parport interface.
I'd say that's not a priority, though, and we should focus on making
ttyUSB0 work for now.

Samuel