[patch 0/2] staging: speakup: support more than ttyS*

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 07:29:29 EDT 2017

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 12:24:10PM +0100, Okash Khawaja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These patches extend speakup support to ttyS* and lp*. They introduce a
> new module param dev whose purpose is similar to ser but instead of
> taking serial port number as argument, it takes strings like ttyS0 or
> ttyUSB0. First patch just adds functionality to convert such strings
> into dev_t. Second patch makes use of that functionlity.

I have updated the speakup-decext repo [1] to latest, including bns
migration and support for more than ttyS*. Please do test with 'dev'
module param.

One thing I noticed in my testing is that when loading with incorrect
'dev' value several times in a row, it eventually succeeds in loading.
That seems like an existing issue with synths[] array which caches
already loaded synths. I am investigating it now.

[1] https://github.com/bytefire/speakup-decext

Cheers!
Okash