supporting more than ttyS*

Tom Fowle wa6ivgtf at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 4 02:22:41 EDT 2017

Since many parallel ports are not bidirectional, it might be hard or
impossible to support indexing on a parallel port.  I'm pretty sure the
LiteTalk synth, a doubletalk LT with parallel port, does not support
indexing on the parallel port for that reason.  There is no means of
returning data on a "printer" port.

Tom Fowle WA6IVG