Kali Linux

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Aug 23 11:15:21 EDT 2017

speech-dispatcher is on the system, espeakup I think is not.  However
you could probably install and use fenrir although that package needs
work on configuration scripts.  One thing fenrir does not do is put a
default key combination on the system to control fenrir.  It's left to
the user to choose this and edit the right configuration file correctly
with normal text editor.  One advantage is, all lives in user space.  I
need to chroot my kali system andchange the root password so I can log
in, one of the installers used a password they couldn't remember for my
new computer.  If that works, I could search the archives and find if
espeak is in those archives.