Debian: speech goes silent in VMware

Øyvind Lode oyvind.lode at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 05:58:36 EDT 2017

Success!
I booted up the debian 9.1 iso in virtualbox and no problems during
install and it booted up with speech in the installed system.
So far so good.
However, virtualbox UI is not very accessible.
I could not select iso from vm settings->storage.
A colleague had to use the mouse to select iso option but after this
point it worked much better than vmware.