DecTalk External (decext) testers wanted!

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 13:57:39 EDT 2017

Hi all and John,

I haven't spent much time on user side of speakup, so bear with me as I
try to investigate this.

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 04:18:12AM -0400, John Covici wrote:
> There are some major problems, however.  If there is a lot of output,
> it takes a very long time -- 30 seconds or more to shut up when I hit
> the enter key on the numpad.
As I understand it, hitting numpad enter causes spk_shut_up to be set so that
further writes to synth_buffer don't happen and spk_do_flush is called
to ensure that synth_buffer is cleared. Is that correct?

Okash