WARNING: Latest Linphone on Arch breaks device access

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Sep 8 05:14:56 EDT 2016

Hi, Chris:

I will give your rules a spin and report back--but not today, just in
case there's a problem. I have calls today, but I'm clear of them at
day's end.

Thanks also for not pasting them inline. I had a profound experience of
executing a script that I recieved from a very brilliant engineer
colleague once.

As luck would have it, a mailman reformat of a line break ended up
executing:

rm -rf $HOME

I kid you not. This actually happened to me shortly after I lefft AFB. I
took it as spiritual encouragement to put the past behind me and not
worry about it anymore! It's funny now. At the time it was rather
devestating.

So, more news over the weekend, and thank you again for your stellar
assistance.

Janina