A few questions about speakup

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Wed Nov 30 05:43:37 EST 2016

Hi,
curses by default locks the cursor in one spot on the screen.
Pressing the button second from right in the top row of the numeric pad, switches the cursor tracking of speakup.
curses can be told not to lock the cursor.
I am sure you can use python, as I think it is simply, at the end of the day, use the default curses library on your system.

I am not running the latest speakup, so might be out of date here, but
utf-8 does not work when you use cut and paste, although they appear
correct on the screen.
HTH, Willem