Intro, and, first question

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Mon Nov 21 17:43:23 EST 2016

Thanks, Greg.

Have actually just found out that specifying device 1 works.

Oddly enough, if I run the arecord -l command, it only shows device 1,
but, suppose that's since it's offering input, but, had thus not
realised there was also a device 0 that just wasn't showing up.

In other words, the following command does now run through, but, with
one more minor issue that will explain below:

arecord -D plughw:1 -f dat testing.wav

The issue have now come across is that it's most likely recording at a
really low volume, or else will need to double check recording with
different microphones hooked up to the USB audio adapter, since when I
then copied the output file to my main PC, and, boosted it's volume
using audacity, I just picked up some crackles, but, no actual voice
input, but, will try it out with a different microphone now.

Main thing is it didn't bring up that error message, and, ran through,
producing the output .wav file, etc.

Thanks, again

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker