Orbit 20 (Was Re: Linux on access technology)

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sat May 28 09:35:39 EDT 2016

a *very* basic notetaker. No translation or anything like that, so what you type into it is what gets stored. If you haven't seen the manual for it, or at least the preliminary manual for it, it's here:

http://tech.aph.org/tbd_doc.htm

Naturally, there are compromises in the design (somewhat slower refresh rate, for instance, and no cursor routing keys), but both are very acceptable compromises for the price, IMO, especially the cursor routing keys. Yeah, I expect integrating 20 extra switches into the cells would increase the cost by somewhat. Reports are, too, that the braille is excellent quality, reminding some of the braille on signage.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Email: buddy at brannan.name