fedora23workstation failed install

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat May 14 09:06:02 EDT 2016

One thing I haven't yet tried is to hit space on set root password link
and see if that opens it up and maybe this time will accept and set my
root password.  Seriously, fedora qa team really needs to run their
installer with orca turned on and loud enough for them to hear and quality
check their results.  I'm pretty sure they'll reproducee this install
failure pretty quickly.  What Fedora can do about it is another matter.
When I hit enter on set root password link in installer with orca turned
on and running an amd k8 athelon system with x86-64 version of the iso I
key in root password.  Whether I hit tab or enter once that is keyed in I
get to confirm password and key that in, then tab onto _done button and
hit enter or space and am told root password not set no user account will
be created.  I put a strong password of 14 characters in and other shorter
strong passwords with identical failure results and this happened on
fedora24workstation-x86-64-alpha iso earlier too.