Question: Reading the Output of Top

Parham Doustdar parham90 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 07:24:34 EDT 2016

Hi John,

    I doubt that there is an answer to your first question. You could
    probably write a script to do it.

Top is unusable without such a feature, but you and other people
replying to this thread seem to be using it just fine. So, what tricks
do people use in order to memorize what column is for what value? I have
this problem when reading the output of commands like |free -m|, too.

Thanks!