voxin and TTSynth on Gentoo

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 14:56:37 EDT 2016

Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clcaul at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, please does someone here uses Voxin and ttSynth, or some equivalent
> product that brings the eloquence synthesiser, on Gentoo, or could at
> least give me hints on how to set it up for use with speakup and maybe
> speech-dispatcher?
For unsupported distros, you will have to manually copy the libraries into
the correct locations. I had to do this when I built my LFS system. Also
make sure you install alsa-oss and ensure that
<M>   OSS PCM (digital audio)
Is enabled in your kernel config. Maybe that last isn't necessary but it
never hurts. The libraries can be found in the various subfolders of your
voxin archive.