Help with serial synths in 4.X kernels

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 10 17:43:21 EST 2016

I wrote a quick perl script to scan /proc/ioports for an address. It
shows that the port 0x3f8 is within the range covered by this line from
/proc/ioports:

0000-0cf7 : PCI Bus 0000:00

PS: I put the script where anyone can download it,
http://www.math.wisc.edu/~jheim/debian/ioportscan. By default it scans
for 0x3f8 but you cn pass any hex number as a parameter.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org