Debian stretch - No speech after installation

Alonzo Cuellar mariachiac at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 15:51:29 EST 2016

Hello,
I'd think that you may need to blindly configure /etc/asound.conf
On all my computers the first card that produces audio is "card 1."
Therefore on my computers I can't do a Debian install since it grabs the
first device "card 0" and tries to play audio threw that device.
This should not be the case with a VM  though. I've not tried a vm in
ages since I use Linux on all my computers.
Sample config file /etc/asound.conf

|pcm.!default { type hw card 1 } ctl.!default { type hw card 1 } |

Replace "card 1" with the number of your card determined above.

You could also et the order of the cards. The arch wiki has an entry for
alsa.

Alonzo