Installing Debian with Espeakup

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri Jan 15 09:04:53 EST 2016

http://talkingarch.tk/ handles the problem this way.  First after enough
software boots to do it, a sound card quantity test is done.  If the
number is more than 1, a dialog comes up where a user gets told all
sound cards are being tested and when the user hears a beep on the
desired sound card they have 10 seconds to hit a key to select that
card.  If no choice is made, then the first available sound card gets
used by default.  What I need to do with talkingarch is to test this
with a very good pair of usb speakers I have and install talkingarch
that way and then see if udev overrides my choice on first boot after
that.