mail server setup

Kelly Prescott kprescott at coolip.net
Sun Jan 10 07:20:19 EST 2016

For a newby, this might be a bit daunting.  This is why I mentioned Zimbra
http://www.zimbra.com
It does all these things and it is relatively easy to use.
It has command line tools which make the GUI control pannel unnecessary.
I guess it depends on what you are trying to accomplish and whether you
are going to set it up in a commercial setting.
I personally do mail setups in both ways.
I use zimbra when I have a client that wants a proven stable easy for them
to manage day-to-day operations system.
I build a custom when I have either myself or a technical client that
whishes to tinker under the hood a lot.
The results are similar, but the approach is different.

-- Kelly Prescott