broken UEFI and live media

Kelly Prescott kprescott at coolip.net
Sat Feb 13 13:26:09 EST 2016

Chris, are you sure you don't have some preference set somewhere that forces it to try mbr first?
I boot live media all the time (mostly TalkingArch) and I get UEFI mode.
I do not boot from a cd, rather I write my stuff to USB sticks.
I use dd if=/file/to/write.iso of=/dev/usb-stick bs=1M
So far, it works except for Sonar.
To be fair, I haven't tried Sonar in a while though.
I have checked, and in the 2 systems I have in front of me, booting in UEFI is the default and it will boot from MBR if no UEFI boot is possible.
They are both Toshiba laptops.