i-mscp based mail system setup

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Thu Feb 4 20:07:00 EST 2016

There is probably a better alternative to what I'm about to describe
below. In a pinch, you should be able to use ssh port forwarding to
connect to port 4443 of your server from your machine Do something
like:

ssh -L 4443:localhost:4443 user at server

where user is your login, and server is the IP address/hostname of
your server. You should then be able to use lynx on your home machine
connect to the
control panel on your server by going to:

https://localhost:4443

This assumes that you can use localhost in place of
subdomain.domain.com. Like I said, there's probably a better way to do
this, but I'm not familiar with the software you're using. If this
works for you, great. If it doesn't, hopefully someone else can help
you. Good luck.

Greg

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 02:49:45PM -0800, Juan Hernandez wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I went the route of using i-mscp.  I followed the instructions on the site
> to get it setup.
>

> I have a problem.  Once It was installed, and the setup application finished
> successfully, I then from my computer at home, tried connecting to my
> server. I could not access it.
>

> I opened lynx on the actual machine, and I could access the admin control
> panel with no problems.
>

> My server is accessible since I can ssh to it, and I can open the default
> web page on the apache 24 server the debian 'I'm working page'
>

> So when I go to http://subdomain.domain.com - it works and I get the default
> page.
>

> When I try and load the admin cp via the domain it gave me at the end of the
> setup process:
>

> https://subdomain.domain.com:4443
>

> I get a page not found.
>

> Can anyone on here help me out? Anyone experienced with i-mscp?
>

> I read on the i-mscp website that if the server is running on a virtual
> instance, in a cloud provider there might be issues, but I can't seem to
> find any pages talking about it and how to fix it.
>

> My hosting provider offers cloud server solutions.  To run my mail server I
> just created a debian 8 instance to run it.
>

> Any help will be truly greatly appreciated.
>

> Thank you.
>

> Juan Hernandez
>
> Email:  juanhernandez98 at gmail.com
>
> mobile:  (619) 750-9431