Line discipline

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Dec 19 20:08:36 EST 2016

Okash Khawaja, on Sun 18 Dec 2016 11:24:11 +0000, wrote:
> Now I see three items to address, listed below in no particular order.
>
> 1. Supplying major and minor dev numbers, instead of hardcoding.

This could be a mere module parameter string that a function turns into
major/minor. Not a big deal :)

> 2. Integrating the changes into speakup_dummy and testing it.

Yep!

> 3. Strategy for kernel patch. Do we try to have it accepted? Not sure if there
> is a standard way of addressing it.

It will never be accepted before step 2. is done.  In the end we'll want
to get it accepted, sure, but we have to make speakup able to use it
first, otherwise the kernel patch will be rejected.

Thanks!
Samuel