greetings

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckhallenbeck at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:01:21 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I've been away for some time, but have just resubscribed.
I currently use ArchLinux on a Dell Optiplex 780, refurbished, from Amazon.
Also still stubbornly using only command line interface,
just can't warm up to a GUI.

I'm Currently having an issue involving random failures of speech,
and am able to restore speech by issuing two systemctl commands,
one to stop espeakup.service, and the next to start it again.
How can I get further information to narrow the problem down to
espeakup, or speakup, or espeak? Recovery from the  failures is reliable,
but I'd rather find and fix the cause.

Chuck

--
Willoughby Ohio