Anybody still use YASR

KatolaZ katolaz at freaknet.org
Wed Aug 24 08:43:43 EDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 07:37:16AM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Don't quote me on this, but I think once eflite and yasr are talking
> together it would work with emacspeak if emacspeak were on the distro but
> would also run the console without emacspeak.  I almost got eflite working
> on talkingarch but the voice it was looking to use wasn't available.

Thanks Jude,

the problem is that emacspeak pulls in ways too much for a minimal
live distro, except we stick to emacs-nox, which might be easy to
include and just enough for the task. Would it make sense to try to
include emacs-nox, emacspeak, and eflite in Devuan minimal live then?
If yes, I will put it in the todo list :)

HND

KatolaZ