udev rules to load speakup drivers

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Aug 3 13:40:07 EDT 2016

Speaking of the DecTalk U S B, I suppose I am an only one who still has in an
instant, volume, pitch, and rate drop, suddenly while arrowing in the review
pannel. As I've pointed out for many of the 11years I've had this issue, I must
go up to those individual settings, move each one a click, then it sounds
reasonably normal again. I also prefer a more inflective sound, so I must become
root and type
echo "[:dv pr 250]" >> /sys/accessibility/speakup/synth_direct
If only there were a way of beginning a log of what commands are sent to this
unit, not only would many of you know what changes we would need to make, but
the gentleman from Axsol Solutions would be able to help, but he says he doesn't
know much about Linux.
Not to beat a dead horse, but you have no idea how `frustrating it is nearly
each hour to have to fix this. If there were some other equally as good speech
engine in a strictly console setting, I would certainly try it. I like that
Android type speech, but I guess thats only in graphical. Many years ago the
late Bill Acker ran Elequence on my machine, but the volume was quite lo. I also
like some of the SAPI4 voices, but I suppose there are no ways of running Mary
in Linux? Thanks so much in advance-and-eventually I will be trying Tony
Baechler's 64bit image.
Hart