GRML and Speakup

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Mon Sep 28 22:20:21 EDT 2015

The instructions you saw are out of date.  What you do is at the tone
that you hear after booting from the cd, just hit enter and wait for
another beep.  Now just hit return and you will be at a root  prompt
with no speech.  Now type modprobe speakup_soft and hit enter and then
type espeakup.  Your sound may be very low volume at this point, but you
can type alsamixer and hit  up arrow a number of timesand then  if
necesary hit right arrow and type up arrow a few times and do this again
and you should hear sound.