GRML and Speakup

Edgar Lozano 1419goku at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 22:11:07 EDT 2015

Hi,

Just wondering if someone could provide me with the steps to get grml
talking with Speakup? I'm using the 2014.11 iso image. I heard a
well-done podcast in which the command "grml swspeakup" was provided
as a boot command. Does this still work? It was an informative one
over the installation of Arch using this live environment.
Unfortunately, it seems a bit out of date. Otherwise, what steps are
needed to get this thing speaking to me? Also, just as an aside, has
anyone tried following through with one of those Linux from Scratch
(build-it-yourself) projects? Is it worth doing? Is there potential
accessibility support with Speakup? that is, can the program be
incorporated into a custom Linux environment? I read somewhere that
the live LFS live distribution has Speakup on it. Sorry, I've been
growing somewhat obsessed with Linux and want to understand as much as
possible about building and deploying live environments that provide
spoken feedback upon boot for system administration.

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks for reading.
Have a good day.