Partial retraction about CD media

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Sep 22 05:46:07 EDT 2015

Kyle and all,

I owe you an apology and I retract my statement about Talking Arch not
offering CD media.  Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu either have gone to DVD media
or intend to do so, so clearly this is the new trend.  Almost any machine
made in the last 10 years probably has a DVD reader and burners are very
cheap.  DVD media is also relatively inexpensive.  Therefore, Kyle, you're
right and I apologize.  It makes little sense to continue offering a live CD
for download.

Debian does offer a small CD image which lets you install everything over
the network.  Am I correct that Arch doesn't have anything similar?

Tony Baechler, founder, Baechler Access Technology Services
Putting accessibility at the forefront of technology
mailto:bats at batsupport.com
Phone: 1-619-746-8310   Fax: 1-619-449-9898