Speect packages don't work

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Thu Oct 29 06:49:40 EDT 2015

Hi,
One can compile from source and then also the hts engine wich is mensioned
in the readme.
I think if there are packages, they are likely outdated.
I cannot remember if there are sample voices on the site, if not, contact
me when you have built it.
There are both python and C apis, so eventually writing something like
espeakup, but for speect, should be relatively easy.
one can add -dwith_tests or something to the cmake command and will then
get a binary synth_test that can generate a .wav file.  Putting that in a
pipe using play from sox can
be used as a basic test binary and could be used with speech-dispatcher's
generic module.
Note with speect as it is, you might have to do your own text
normalization.
Kind regards, Willem