Why I can't recommend Arch or Gentoo

Glenn glennervin at cableone.net
Sat Oct 3 10:38:21 EDT 2015

Tony,
I did not get any sound, but I was able to start speech.
How do I enable a startup sound?
I looked in the settings under sounds and was not able to select separate
sound events, only general sound schemes, of which I only found two.
I was expecting something similar to windows where you pick events and
assign sounds to them.
And if I want to place in my own sounds, what is the path to the sounds
folder?
Thanks
Glenn