livetest32 test

Tom Fowle wa6ivgtf at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 30 01:27:34 EST 2015

Tony,
Downloaded and burned livetest32.iso to cd
Reboot from CD, came up with orca and espeak no problems I could recognize.
Attempted to run my serial port alva display, brltty responded to command
but display did not come up. It works in Debian.

Killed speakup etc. with the commands you gave me.
did
modprobe speakup_dtlk

could not find speakup_dtlk

Just for interest? machine is an Asis P2B 1GHz celeron with 780MB ram (all
it will take)
Response on the livetest cd is pretty sluggish, but not unexpected, it's that
way running orca/gnome from Debian wheezy

We have at least one other older box on which we can try the livetest just
to see if it works, but that other box has no isa slots so no go for
doubletalk.
Happy to try if simply reporting another successfull livetest boot is
usefull.

thanks for the usefull effort.

tom fowle