upgrade to jessie, what to backup

Tom Fowle wa6ivgtf at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 5 21:58:13 EST 2015

tony,
thanks for all this. Looking at the upgrade documentation leaves me
thoroughly  intimmidated. My major reason for upgrading was to get beyond
the current kernel crash that happens a couple 3 times a week.  However with
my lack of experience, I'd be pretty sure trying the upgrade would be a
bigger mess.
I'll re-evaluate the situation from time too time especially if/when they
stop supporting jessie, and see what happens.
Thanks again.
Tom Fowle (official wimp!)