Scanning

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 5 10:30:41 EST 2015

Yeah, I use the sane scanimage command too. It was in the code segment
and in the script I posted earlier this week. I didn't know there were
other tools besides sane for operating a scanner in linux.
I did a lot of experimentation while scanning in the D&D manual. I found
that I got best text recognition when I scanned in the page as line art.
My scanner has a top resolution of 600 dots per inch. I don't know if
that's good or bad. It's is a really ancient scanner. Someone just gave
it to me because they were upgrading to Windows XP and it didn't have
drivers. When would that have been, 2001? But it still works great in linux.

--
John Heim, jheim at math.wisc.edu, 608-263-4189, skype:john.g.heim,
sip:jheim at sip.linphone.org