Where Can I Input this Command?

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Sat May 23 00:17:55 EDT 2015

No, synth_direct allows you to send data to the synthesizer directly,
bypassing speakup. What's probably happening is that speakup is
sending control parameters to the synthesizer to bring it back in
line, in case it got out of line somehow. As for the parameters
speakup sends to the synth, you should be able to find those by
looking at the source code of the speakup driver for your
synthesizer.

Greg

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 08:56:57PM -0700, Hart Larry wrote:
> Well Greg, while I am certainly enjoying a more energetic speech, I did have 1
> instance where the rate, pitch, and volume dropped, after arrowing through text.
> It has certainly done this for years, but after this drop, the inflection change
> was forgotten about-and-I had to become root-and-input that command. So, yes,
> while this is really nice, I would love to have Speakup not alter these settings
> Is this synth_direct where commands are sent from speakup to this
> unit? If I had a way of showing a log of commands to the seller of
> DecTalk, he says he can solve my problem. Thanks so much in advance,
> before I get knocked off Shellworld again
> Hart

web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1