Debian upgrade to Jessie

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue May 19 13:03:20 EDT 2015

There is a page on my space on the web site of the International
Association Of Visually Impaired Technologists that explains how to get
a doubletalk working with speakup. You do have to compile a kernel and
that may be something you don't want to try. It is really not that
difficult but you can make it so your machine doesn't boot if you do it
wrong. You're not likely to do that but it can happen.

Anyway, you could try mypage at http://www.iavit.org/~john/debian/ for
more information. I'll see if I can compile a kernel for debian jessie
sometime over the next week. I have eleventy gazillion irons in the fire
right now so I cannot promise anything.

John Heim, jheim at math.wisc.edu, skype:john.g.heim