command line file managers (simple)

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Jun 29 04:10:01 EDT 2015

What about using dialog?  I'm thinking of how debconf works.  Yes, it's
specific to Debian and Ubuntu, but I'm sure Fedora has something similar.
You can use the arrows to scroll through a list of items, space to toggle
the selection, Tab to go to an OK button and Enter to activate.  That
shouldn't be too hard to write either as a shell script or in something like
PERL.  That would also have the advantage of requiring minimal resources to
run since bash and PERL are almost everywhere.