Using Nano?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Jun 24 20:40:27 EDT 2015

Don't do that yet.  get into the root account on your debian system and
type these commands first.
apt-get update
apt-get install gnome-orca -r

Once all the action stops.
In root type:
gnome-orca -t
That should take you into orca's preferences.
On debian orca is gnome-orca.
running this in root ought to set system-wide orca preferences if I
remember rightly.
Then go back to your user account and start orca in that account.
On Wed,
24 Jun 2015, Brandon
Keith Biggs