Where Can I Input this Command?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Jun 15 11:42:17 EDT 2015

The script command captures everything coming from the keyboard and
everything appearing on the screen while it runs and saves all of that
to a file (default) typescript.  If you exit script by typing the exit
command at the command prompt while script is running it saves the
typescript file for you.  If for whatever reason you want to append to
that original typescript file later, you run script -a to do that.
Whenever script is run, it puts a timestamp with date and time from your
system for when the typescript file got created or updated.  Hope this
helps.  I find it especially to let developers see what commands I typed
and what their applications did with those commands when reporting bugs
since this gives developers the reproduction instructions.