Installing Debian Jessie under Uefi; installer does not speak

Glenn glennervin at cableone.net
Thu Dec 31 15:01:58 EST 2015

I just got a new computer with UEFI, and I used sighted assistance to
disable it in the BIOS, and to activate legacy boot.
Also, if you want to change the boot order, such as setting the SATA drive
as the last option, you can do that at this time, and with some systems, it
will not show other options unless you have them plugged in at this time.
For example, I did not have the SD boot option until I went into boot
settings in BIOS with the SD card plugged in.
HTH.
Glenn