Getting speakup to run on debian

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Thu Dec 31 08:47:38 EST 2015

Samuel, I fully understand your feelings regarding bug-reporting. But
you know, we often think we're the ones doing something wrong and
hesitate to report anything unless and until we can verify that it's
really really a bug.

Another issue, of course, is, maybe nobody installed from scratch with
the expectation of using Speakup at the console immediately after
installation, which is why nobody thought there was anything wrong.

OK, if it's been reported and fixed, I'm not going to worry about
doing it, I just need to know what I need to do to work around it or
how/when to apply the proper update when it comes out. I can wait. ssh
is my friend until then.\